Shilajit (mumio, mumie, or moomiyo) is a traditionally accepted cure-all solution in many parts of the world. You may or may not have heard of it before. What you must know is that shilajit is now highly commercialized. Many brands bank on marketing only with very little science to back up their claims. Some brands that say they contain shilajit don’t even contain shilajit at all.
Shilajit Uses and Side Effects
A long list of health benefits has come to be associated with use of Shilajit mineral pitch. That includes stress relief , management of blood pressure, promotion of heart health for males and for females , boost absorption of vitamins and other nutrients , and improvement of bone health .
Like any other supplement, there are risks for shilajit fulvic acid side effects to occur.
Side Effects of Shilajit
Shilajit side effects are unlikely. Researchers administered shilajit to albino rats in different dosages continuously for 91 days. They specifically observed if shilajit would cause iron overload. After the period of administration, the subjects were found to have normal iron levels in their system. The researchers concluded that iron overloading caused by shilajit is unlikely. 
In a limited study of pregnant mice, the researchers concluded that shilajit is safe for use during pregnancy. There were no anomalies found among subjects and their embryos for those included in the experimental group. This group was orally administered with shilajit on Day 8 to 12 of pregnancy .
Nonetheless, there are at least three ways the shilajit you’re taking can cause side effects:
- It could be unsafe for human consumption.
- You may be taking it beyond the recommended shilajit dosage and frequency.
- Shilajit may react with certain substances.
Side Effects Due to Impurity
Many brands claim that shilajit is only potent when taken unprocessed. It is one of the most inconsiderate myths irresponsible marketers have circulated about shilajit. It is extremely dangerous to take shilajit in its raw, unpurified state.
In 2005, Canada banned certain ayurvedic products from being sold locally. Among those banned was a shilajit capsule made by Dabur India Ltd. The company was based in New Delhi. Canadian authorities pointed out that it contains dangerous levels of highly toxic heavy metals. 
Here are some shilajit negative side effects associated with impurities:
- Heavy Metals. Shilajit resin side effects include toxicity from heavy metals.
- Mycotoxins. These are toxins produced by certain types of fungi. Mycotoxins survive most food processing techniques. If ingested, these harmful substances can cause acute poisoning. Long-term effects on the body include poor immunity and the growth of cancer cells .*
- Free radicals. More specifically, contaminants that can generate free radicals inside the body when consumed. This includes pesticides and various components of air pollution. Free radicals are unstable atoms that can randomly cause damage to cells. As damage builds up, it destroys tissues and causes diseases to develop. 
Learn other myths about shilajit.
Side Effects Due to Improper Dosing
One of the primary components of shilajit is fulvic acid. Shilajit fulvic acid complex is safe up to 1.8g of daily intake among adults .
The recommended dosage for Pürblack is 250-500mg per day. This can be taken once or split twice at half this dose each. Taking more will not enhance or speed up the benefits. So, make sure to take only the prescribed dose and frequency. Side effects of taking high dose of shilajit remain unlikely but it’s always best to follow instructions on the label.
Most Pürblack competitors would claim that 50mg up to 100mg per day is sufficient. But, the quality and potency are incomparable.
Side Effects Due to Substance Reaction
Side effects can occur when shilajit reacts with another substance in your diet or line up of medication. It’s always best to seek the advice of your healthcare provider before taking shilajit.
Certain conditions, including allergies, may also cause adverse reactions with shilajit. None are known to have been reported so far .
How to Avoid Shilajit Side Effects
The risk for side effects will always be there, like any other drug or supplement. There are ways. You must keep in mind that shilajit products are not evaluated for efficacy or safety by the FDA before they are released to the market.
Don’t leave yourself open and vulnerable to risks caused by false marketing and advertising of shilajit products. There are things you can do to be vigilant about the shilajit you’re taking or that you’re planning to take. Some of them are listed below:
- Check that the product is safe for human consumption. Find out if the product is manufactured in a GMP-certified (Good Manufacturing Practices) facility.
Supplement only with mineral pitch derived by using processes and technologies based on research. It’s not enough to ensure you’re taking pure genuine resin. You have to be assured of authenticity and safety of contents too. Quality supplements are safe, pure, and based on the best available science.
- Check the website and label for proper identification. The makers and contents must be clearly stated and readable. Risky, counterfeit products will not openly disclose neither on the label nor on the website.
- Check the product presentation. Pure, genuine, and authentic shilajit can only be in the form of shilajit resin. Tablets, pills, drops, and tinctures are guaranteed fakes. Only resin can carry a potent amount of shilajit extract that delivers potential benefits.
Pürblack goes above and beyond these standards:
- Pürblack is manufactured using a safe, low heat manufacturing procedure. This patented (US10130656B2) process ensures the substance is maintained at the highest level of quality from the source up to distribution. It also ensures strict standards that rid the source of toxic contaminants while simultaneously keeping beneficial nutrients intact.
- Pürblack biophotonic jars each have a serial number, batch number, and lot number imprinted on the packaging.
- Pürblack offers comprehensive aftersales support. Each jar may be registered online to check for authenticity.
- Pürblack practices full transparency. Ask Purblack for a Certificate of Analysis, a Certificate of Authenticity.
Shilajit can be a great source of antioxidants, fulvic acid, humic acid, and up to 80+ other nutrients. These benefits may be safely harnessed without the risk of side effects. That can be possible if you closely scrutinize the quality of shilajit that you’re taking or planning to take.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
The information provided on this site is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. The information on this website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the PürblackⓇ site.
Shilajit Pürblack has no side effects. Side effects can occur if shilajit reacts with another substance in your diet or with medication. It is always best to consult your doctor before taking shilajit.
No. Humanity has been using shilajit for centuries to improve health.
Shilajit is a dietary supplement that contains a wealth of health benefits. This natural product has a positive effect on all body systems.
Shilajit Pürblack is a high-quality product, a natural food supplement widely used in Ayurveda. It has a positive effect on the health of the kidneys and the entire urinary system. As an adaptogen, shilajit has a beneficial impact on the whole body.
Shilajit has a calming effect on the body. This is due to its high potassium and magnesium content. These components relax the muscles, including the heart muscle. This calming effect can help in reducing stress levels. Shilajit also normalizes sleep, helps the body recover from heavy physical exertion and stress, the body heals faster and can perform new physical activities.