Shilajit is better known today as mineral pitch. Mumie, moomiyo, and mumio are other common terms traditionally used for shilajit. Traditional healing practices highly regard it for its versatility in rejuvenating and healing the body. For many years, it is also added to food to increase its nutritive qualities.
Use and demand for shilajit have increased following a renewed interest in alternative health and wellness practices in recent years.
Today, shilajit products are sold all over the Internet and in stores. With steeply rising demand, extraction of this rare resource also increased. Sourcing the mumie rock from which shilajit is extracted also became more and more challenging.
However, most sellers are simply feeding off shilajit’s reputation for being a superior dietary supplement. Very few pay attention to the quality of shilajit delivered to buyers.
Pürblack Live Resin is committed to quality, authenticity, and safety. Not every shilajit brand in the market will commit to the same high standards.
We back up our commitment with two patents:
Pürblack Patent US10130656B2
Patent US10130656B2 accurately describes the intricate manufacturing process of Pürblack. The goal for manufacturing shilajit Pürblack is to deliver all the potential benefits of shilajit in a purified form, safe for human consumption. Each batch of processed shilajit live resin strictly adheres to these standards.
This patent, “Mineral pitch resin manufactured under a safe and low-temperature procedure,” details how shilajit is sourced, processed, packaged, and delivered. It guarantees the quality of Pürblack.
Collection of Raw Shilajit
Unlike most other companies that use shilajit from a single source, Pürblack uses hybrid shilajit that makes use of mumie rocks from multiple sources This collection technique is based on scientific observations that authentic shilajit may differ in overall composition but share key characteristics . This is what makes Pürblack the pioneer and still the only brand in the market to offer Fourth Generation shilajit.
Pürblack field researchers initially use their senses of smell, sight, touch, and taste to determine possible rock sources of authentic shilajit. Once samples of raw mumie have been collected, these are subjected to a series of tests in the field and in the lab.
Samples are subjected to a series of tests to see if they pass a set of criteria necessary to deliver potential benefits. Among which are:
- Meeting a certain age and texture, Shilajit must have undergone at least 40 years of decay and humification to be beneficial. Shilajit that is too runny indicates that the mumie is very young and not yet ripe for picking.
- Appearance of white spots. This indicates the presence of microorganisms. Decay is a prerequisite in realizing shilajit’s potential therapeutic benefits.
- Samples are tested for the presence of glycine. The ideal range is from 1% to 50%. Glycine aids in the absorption of minerals and other nutrients found in shilajit. It helps the body breakdown nutrients into compounds that the body can use to fuel repair and relieve stress. One study done on mice suggested that glycine in shilajit may even be used to modulate pain *.
Raw materials are collected for processing into Pürblack Live Shilajit Resin only when the samples taken meet these criteria. As soon as raw shilajit is scraped off rocks in the field, these are placed inside a thermos-electric cooler. The internal temperature is maintained at below 48 degrees Celsius during transport to the manufacturing facility.
Shilajit Manufacturing Begins
The raw materials are taken to a facility where the internal air is continuously purified of pollutants, dust, and other air contaminants. Temperature is also maintained at 48 degrees Celsius inside the plant.
As soon as the raw materials are taken out of the thermos-electric cooler, processing begins. Pürblack goes through five distinct phases of processing before these are transferred to individual containers for packaging and distribution. Here’s what happens next:
- Dissolution. The raw shilajit is combined with sterile water to give it a free-flowing liquid character. The material is finely dissolved with the aid of a tool that rotates at a speed of 0.1 rpm (rounds per minute) or more.
- Fortification and Imprinting. Throughout dissolution and filtration, the resulting fluid mixture may be fortified with minerals, herbal extracts, and other biologically active substances.
The mixture also passes through a magnetic field of 1 to 20,000 Gauss (a measure of magnetic induction) and exposed to sound frequencies between 0.1 to 440 HZ. These steps alter the water profile by rendering it with frequency and energy. In turn, the resulting water profile may help regulate body processes to restore balance .*
- Continuous Filtration. The imprinted fluid mixture is then forced to pass through a series of filters as pores decrease in size up to 0.03 microns. This process further rids the mixture of contaminants while improving bioavailability of nutrients.
- Heating at Low Temperature, Dehumidifying, and De-Moisturizing. These steps allow excess moisture to escape. Gradually, the mixture turns into a paste-like resin form.
- Testing and Quality Control. The final product is then subjected to a series of tests. A Certificate of Analysis is made available by third-party laboratory testing centers for each batch of Pürblack.
Packaging and Delivery
The final product is transferred to a jar made of either an opaque container or biophotonic glass. Either container helps maintain the quality of shilajit inside. In fact, biophotonic glass enhances the nutritive value of shilajit components. When the product is stored in these containers, it is protected from becoming degraded and has an indefinite shelf life.
Pürblack Patent US9903747B2
Pürblack has also been granted US Patent US9903747B2, “Device and method for dispersing paste-like or sticky nutritional substance in a fluid”. This patent refers to an elongated measuring device used to dispense and dissolve Pürblack. It is also deemed applicable for use with other resins.
Nutritional substances in resin form are capable of carrying and delivering nutrients at a higher, more potent value than when in syrup, powder, tablet, or tincture forms. However, these are often difficult or impossible to measure using spoons or droppers. This is a concern that the Pürblack measuring device offers to resolve.
In addition, this device is made using either 304 or 316 stainless steel.
The Modern Market for Shilajit: Warning for Buyers
If you’re taking or planning to take shilajit, you must be aware of the following concerns about shilajit:
- Fake shilajit. Ideal environmental conditions and plant profile must be present to form mumie rock. The cost and difficulty of access have pushed sellers to find ways to extend what little shilajit they could find. Powdered shilajit, and shilajit in tablet, pill, tincture, and drop forms contain minute amounts of shilajit. In fact, many do not even contain shilajit at all.
- Authenticity. Counterfeits are another issue. Imitations of Pürblack shilajit live resin are scattered in the market. Beyond authenticity, copycats present health and safety issues.
- Presence of contaminants. Commercial shilajit may contain toxic levels of heavy metals and harmful microorganisms. Don’t buy into the idea that shilajit must be taken in its raw form. Even cultures that have used shilajit as a cure-all solution for centuries have traditional ways of purifying shilajit. Although, these old practices still leave behind contaminants that should never find their way inside the human body.
Pürblack Guarantee of Excellence
Pürblack has been processed using state-of-the-art techniques for ensuring both potency and human safety. These patents go beyond our commitment to evidence-based shilajit production. These are testaments of the faithfulness of claims made about Pürblack.
Furthering this commitment, each jar comes with a serial number, batch number, and lot number imprinted on the jar. The serial number may be registered online to verify authenticity. This is also one way for individuals taking Pürblack Live Resin shilajit to be protected and ensured of quality and safety. No other brand of shilajit can provide the same level of guarantee.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
The information provided on this site is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. The information on this website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the PürblackⓇ site.
- Ghosal, S. (1990). Chemistry of shilajit, an immunomodulatory Ayurvedic rasayan. Pure And Applied Chemistry, 62(7), 1285-1288. doi: 10.1351/pac199062071285.
- Yin H, Yang EJ, Park SJ, Han SK. Glycine- and GABA-mimetic Actions of Shilajit on the Substantia Gelatinosa Neurons of the Trigeminal Subnucleus Caudalis in Mice. Korean J Physiol Pharmacol. 2011;15(5):285-289. doi:10.4196/kjpp.2011.15.5.285.
- Lee HJ, Kang MH. Effect of the magnetized water supplementation on blood glucose, lymphocyte DNA damage, antioxidant status, and lipid profiles in STZ-induced rats. Nutr Res Pract. 2013;7(1):34-42. doi:10.4162/nrp.2013.7.1.34