Traditionally, yoga is a spiritual activity practiced to promote the unity of mind, body, and spirit. In recent years, more people engage in yoga to help fight and overcome a modern villain — stress. In fact, stress is driving two leading killers, namely, depression and suicide, both among adults and young people .
Yoga continues to grow in popularity among Americans. The CDC reports that 14.3% of adults practiced yoga in 2017. 
What benefits can I derive from yoga?
Based on Ayurveda traditions, yoga promotes holistic health and well-being. Most Americans engage in three specific aspects of yoga. That includes asanas, pranayama, and dyana. These emphasize posture, controlled breathing, and meditation, respectively. 
The US National Institutes of Health list the following yoga benefits based on the best available evidence: 
- Promote stress relief, and emotional and mental health 
- Enhance the quality of sleep 
- Relieve pain, most especially where poor posture is involved 
- Help manage weight 
- Improve a person’s chances of quitting smoking for good 
Does practicing yoga entail risks?
Despite yoga benefits, there are also a number of associated risks. The National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health generally considers yoga to be generally safe. Also, that yoga is safer than most high-impact activities. 
The most reported risks are injuries to the knees and lower legs . Based on research findings, the risk of injury is low for healthy adults. However, adults 65 and older are at higher risk of experiencing injuries from practicing yoga. [9, 10]
Can I reduce the risks of injury from yoga?
There are a number of things you can do to prevent injury when engaging in yoga. Here are a few important reminders:
- Do not attempt to learn yoga on your own. Most especially if you’re new, you need to be under the supervision of a qualified yoga instructor.
- Do not attempt advanced positions. Take your time to build up your muscles tone for more complex postures and movements.
- Consult with your physician. Just like other sports, you need to be properly screened for fitness to engage in this activity. Older adults and those with special medical conditions must take it as a precaution.
Yogis also improve their resistance to injury while enhancing their recovery by complementing yoga with a healthy diet. In ayurvedic practice, that includes adding medicinal herbs and substances like mumio or shilajit. These are well-known body rejuvenators. Shilajit, in fact, goes beyond repairing your system.
How can shilajit improve your yoga experience?
Shilajit, better known as mineral pitch in western cultures, is highly regarded in ancient medicine as a rejuvenator. It was widely used for the prevention and treatment of poor health in ancient eastern medicine.
These shilajit benefits are no secret, after all. Here are the top three things you must know about how shilajit can enhance your yoga practice:
- Shilajit Secret No. 1: Shilajit is made up of components that can enhance your health. It contains dibenzo-alpha-pyrones, glycine, amino acids, fulvic acid, and humic acid.
All of which contribute to speeding up and enhancing your recovery from fatigue and injury. Fulvic acid improves oxygen circulation. Dibenzo-alpha-pyrones, on the other hand, improve the amount of energy available for your body to use during exertion and recovery. 
- Shilajit Secret No. 2: Shilajit contains minerals, including iron, manganese, and zinc. Iron improves oxygen circulation which speeds up recovery from muscle fatigue. Manganese supports collagen production. Collagen is made up of protein and serves as a building block for muscle repair and development. Zinc functions as an anti-inflammatory and helps in preventing muscle tears and injuries.
- Shilajit Secret No. 3: Shilajit delivers powerful antioxidants. Antioxidants protect your cells from damage during your workout.
Unfortunately, not all shilajit you’ll find online or in shops are made to deliver these benefits. Only Pürblack Live Resin Shilajit is purified using a patented, low-temperature procedure. This technique purifies raw shilajit while keeping most of the beneficial minerals and other components intact. That’s why you should choose only choose Pürblack.